Welcome to BEBACKER!
Effective Dec 14th, 2018
Information You Provide
This is information that you explicitly provide to us, such as your name, payment information, goals and rewards. We may collect, store and use all/any information that you provide to us, but it will always be used responsibly.
The information you provide may differ between backer accounts and creator accounts. We may at times require you to provide additional information to us.
To create an account on BEABACKER you have to provide your:
- Email address
- Country of residence
You may also sign up using your email via social media account logins, such as Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, and Google plus. We will ask permission to access basic information from your social profile account, such as your name, profile picture, and friend list. You can choose to stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing BEABACKER’s access to that account.
You also have the option to add more information to your profile, such as your social media links, video links, and text containing information about you (such as a hello / thank you message), which we store, along with any comments or messages you submit through BEABACKER
We collect and process information about the creators you support, the level at which you support them, the messages you send them, and how often you support them.
A creator is someone who creates a BEABACKER creator account in order to receive financial support from backers. To become a creator, you must create a page that describes what you are creating, and any financial goals you have. We collect and process this information along with any additional information you add to your profile. To receive payments you have to create an account with our payment partner: Stripe. You can do this via the link found on our website under the “payments” tab. You must also provide us with additional information for tax purposes where and when required. Depending on your location you may have to complete a form with some combination of your:
- Legal name
- Social security number or employer identification number
- Country of citizenship
- Foreign tax identification number
- Date of birth
- Your non-profit registration number, if you are a non-profit business
Information We Collect
We collect information automatically as you navigate the site or through our third-party analytics providers. We may store usage information such as the type of device you use to access BEABACKER, your operating system, browser type, IP address, and device ID, the pages you visit or request, links clicked, referring sites, user interactions and your search terms. We also derive your location from your IP address.
Do Not Track
Our service does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means our third-party analytics providers may associate your usage on BEABACKER with your usage on other sites.
We use third-party advertising cookies to present you with opportunities while on BEABACKER. We also use retargeting cookies to present you with BEABACKER advertising on other websites.
- Facebook Custom Audiences: You can adjust your Facebook advertising settings from within your Facebook account and opt-out of advertisements from within the Facebook application.
- Google Adwords: You can adjust the Google ads settings and opt-out of this program.
- Twitter Tailored Audiences: You can opt-out of seeing interest-based advertising on Twitter.
How We Use Your Information
We never sell your information to anyone. We use your information to:
- provide BEABACKER services to you.
- allow you to sign in to your account.
- allow you to support creators through BEABACKER.
- allow you to collect money as a creator.
- send you emails relevant to your usage, as controlled by your email preferences.
- reply to your questions.
- understand how you use the service and market BEABACKER to you, including suggesting creators you may be interested in supporting.
- create better tools for creators to serve backers.
- conduct research and development to improve BEABACKER and develop future products that our users may be interested in by analysing how you use it.
- prevent fraud and abuse on BEABACKER.
Information Shared with Creators
If you are a backer, the following information may be shared with the creators you support:
- Your email address and other profile information.
- Any messages you send them through BEABACKER.
- Your physical address, city, state, country, and phone number (if this is ever required for shipping reasons).
- All information about your pledge, including amount and start date, but not your full payment card information.
- Some aggregated and anonymized data about how you use BEABACKER that cannot be linked back to any individual user.
Information Shared with Third Parties
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data under the following circumstances:
- With your permission, with service providers used by creators to deliver content.
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as email management, analysing data trends, credit card processing and fraud detection and prevention. These companies may have access to personal information to perform their services and are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
- To protect the security or integrity of BEABACKER, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of BEABACKER, its employees, users, or others, if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us). If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
Information Shared with the Public
The following information is publicly accessible:
- Your profile, and your social media links.
- Any posts or comments you make on a creator’s page.
- Your aggregated or anonymized usage data in blog posts, press releases, or in other ways to share information about BEABACKER’s usage. Aggregated or anonymized data cannot be linked back to any individual BEABACKER user.
Your Preferences and Rights over Data
Choosing Your Preferences
If you would like to change your preferences, please contact us here email@example.com
Exercising Your Data Rights
You can exercise rights over your data in the following ways:
1. Modifying the Information in Your Account
You can modify or delete certain information associated with your account.
2. Disabling / Deleting Your Account
If you would like to Disable your public profile page, navigate to the “Edit Profile” page and unpublish your page. When you unpublish your page, we immediately remove your page from public visibility. All existing recurring donations will continue to be received, but no new donations will be received.
You can delete your account if you go to your “account” page, scroll to the bottom of the page, click “Delete Account”, and follow the instructions provided. Please be aware that this is a final act and you cannot log into your account again after clicking this link.
3. Removing Marketing Emails
You can stop receiving marketing emails by changing your email settings. To change your email settings, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org While this removes your marketing emails, service related emails are still sent, including how you can optimize your BEABACKER experience and suggestions for which creators to follow.
4. Understanding Our Data Retention Periods
We may retain your information for ten years, unless you delete your account. Please note that once you delete your account, you will not be able to log in again. If you want to log into BEABACKER again by creating a new account, you may be prompted to use a new email address from the one you previously used on your deleted account.
5. Additional Questions Related to Privacy
For additional privacy-related questions about your account, you may email us at email@example.com.
European Union Data Transfer
Transfer of Data to the United States
We may use your information to offer you products and services that we think may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of marketing communications. If you are in the European Economic Area, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before sending you any marketing communications. You may object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes at any time, free of charge, when we collect your personal information and in every marketing communication. We will never provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we follow industry standards to protect it. Full credit card numbers are never accessed by our system, and the most sensitive data we store, such as tax forms, are encrypted to keep them secure.
To further protect your information, we suggest using a strong and unique password for your BEABACKER account.
BEABACKER is not directed at children under the age of 13, and they may not create an account or otherwise use BEABACKER.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under this policy, we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email prior to the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use BEABACKER after a change to this policy means you accept the new policy.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Dec 14th, 2018. Last updated on Dec 14th, 2018